news / The Région académique Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur signed partnership agreements with the two public school boards in Ottawa
The Région académique Provence Alpes Côte d'Azur signed partnership agreements with the two public school boards in Ottawa
On Monday, October 17th, 2016, during the visit to Canada of the rector of the académie of Aix-Marseille, Mr. Bernard Beignier, the academic region of Provence Alpes-Côte d’Azur, which includes the académies of Aix-Marseille and Nice, signed two partnership agreements with two school boards in the National Capital Region: the Ottawa-Carleton District School Board and the Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario.
These two agreements aim to promote and expand on educational collaborative initiatives between the signatory institutions.
Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur – Ottawa-Carleton District School Board (OCDSB)
The partners have agreed to collaborate in three key areas in order to encourage students to speak English or French and to organize opportunities for the sharing of respective pedagogical practices.
- Cooperation between education administrators: this point is already well established, with regular reciprocal visits or long-distance discussions taking place between the two parties since 2012. In the future, these projects will be promoted to an even greater degree in order to drive this partnership forward.
- Collaboration between teachers: implementation of the first collaborative platform between teachers (of all disciplines) with school boards in Canada and in France. This platform must meet needs regarding not only the exchange of teaching practices, but also partnership, joint projects, and virtual/physical exchanges through mobility programs.
- Group/individual student/teacher exchange and mobility programs: three mechanisms are in consideration:
- A short-term (10–15 days) reciprocal group mobility program for students and teachers as part of class projects between partner schools.
- A medium-term (three months) individual student mobility program based on reciprocal exchanges between families and between schools.
- A teacher mobility program based on post-to-post exchanges.
Provence Alpes Côte d’Azur – Conseil des écoles publiques de l’Est de l’Ontario (CEPEO)
Following the first contact established this year, the partners have agreed to implement a collaborative framework for the execution of cooperative educational initiatives in order to provide different, innovative learning experiences for students and staff.
- Promoting contact between management personnel responsible for administration, education, guidance, and inspection from the académie of Aix-Marseille and their counterparts from the CEPEO;
- Promoting study and comparison of pedagogical approaches, as well as the exchange of information, analyses, innovation, and best practices with regard to the management of educational systems, academic environments, and student success;
- Inviting the other party to take part in symposiums and conferences on issues of shared interest;
- Studying possibilities and mechanisms that may lead to personnel exchanges, in accordance with terms to be determined and based on each party’s ability to implement such exchanges.